Profile: Matcha is a green tea made from shade-grown tea leaves that has been ground into a fine powder. With a brilliant green hue and silky texture, it offers a smooth, refreshing, somewhat sweet flavor.
Details: Our Matcha Fair Trade Tea is of the highest culinary quality. Culinary grade matcha is a high-quality tea with a flavor profile that differs significantly from ceremonial grade matcha. Culinary grade matcha isn't inherently of poorer quality than ceremonial grade matcha; it's simply prepared differently for a different purpose and has distinct qualities. It has a stronger flavor than ceremonial matcha, is less sweet, and has more bitter undertones.
Matcha is great as an iced tea, a regular hot tea, and in green tea lattes and smoothies. Its heightened flavor profile works well with other flavors, and it's a versatile ingredient that can be found in ice cream, pies, mousse, cupcakes, shortbread cookies, and pancakes, among other desserts and baked goods.
Instructions for preparation
Daily serving size: 4 oz tea.
- Warm the matcha bowl by adding hot water. After a minute, discard water and dry bowl thoroughly.
- Rinse bamboo whisk to keep tea powder from sticking.
- Using a traditional bamboo spoon, add 1.5-1.75 spoonfuls of powder (1 regular tsp) per 4 oz serving
- Add approximately 4 oz of hot water (175-180 deg F). Do not use boiling water.
- Mix briskly with bamboo whisk until all lumps are removed and tea is smooth and creamy with a fine foam on top. Drink and enjoy!
Contemporary instructions for preparation
Daily serving size: 6 oz tea. Use 1 tsp. of matcha per 6 oz of water.
- Pour hot water (175-180 deg. F) over tea. Do not use boiling water.
- Steep 2-4 minutes.
- Strain and serve immediately.
NOTICE: DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF PREGNANT OR NURSING.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases.
|Shelf Life:||2 Years.|
|Handling / Storage:||Store in a airtight Food Storage Containers, cool, dry place.|
|Allergen Information:||None Specified.|