PISTACHIOS ROASTED UNSALTED
Profile: These unsalted roasted pistachios are perfect for salt-intolerant pistachio enthusiasts. The USDA classifies these as Extra Large, with an average count of 18-20 nuts per ounce. That's a big one! These pistachios are delicious.
Details: We love Pistachios because they are packed with nutrients including phosphorus, copper, and manganese. They are a fantastic snack to consume while watching a movie or TV show because they are larger than other nuts. Our Health Nut loves to bring our flavored pistachios to gatherings!
1. Pistachios offer more than 10% of the Daily Value for dietary fiber, vitamin B-6, thiamin, phosphorus, and copper in just one ounce.
2. A serving of pistachios has more fiber than 1/2 cup of broccoli or spinach.
3. Pistachios are particularly high in phytosterols, which are linked to decrease cholesterol and may protect against some cancers.
4. Pistachios contain as much thiamin as 1/2 cup cooked rice.
5. A one-ounce serving of pistachios contains as much vitamin B-6 as a three-ounce serving of pork or chicken.
6. Pistachios have as much potassium as half a banana.
7. Pistachios are a high-quality plant protein source, supplying all essential amino acids. Also, pistachios contain arginine, a non-essential amino acid that may help prevent or reduce cardiovascular disease.
8. Pistachios include fat, but it's mostly monounsaturated, like olive oil.