Profile & Details: These moist and soft Turkish sun dried tomatoes are ready to be stirred into pasta, sandwiches, or spread. Our sun dried tomatoes are picked and dried at the peak of ripeness for maximum flavor.
Refrigerate opened and unopened packages for maximum freshness.
Pasta and Salads: Toss sun dried tomatoes with penne and chicken for a flavorful and easy meal. They add flavor and texture to any salad (including egg and tuna salad).
Soups and Sauces: In a vegetable soup, use a cup of sun dried tomatoes instead of tomato paste. Or use it to flavor store-bought marinara sauce for a homemade taste! Add sun dried tomatoes to pesto for a delicious twist.
Spreads and Dips: To make a sun dried tomato spread, pulse them in a food processor with mayonnaise or butter. Sun dried tomato and garlic finely minced makes a great crostini spread. It's also delicious wrapped in phyllo dough with sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
Bread and Meats: Add these tomatoes to bread, focaccia, or cornbread for extra flavor. Summerize burgers with them.
1. Doctor Edward Giovannucci of Harvard University School of Public Health says eating tomatoes, ketchup, sauce and paste-topped pizza twice a week can reduce the risk of prostate cancer by 21 to 43%.
2. Men who eat two or more servings of tomato products reduce their prostate cancer risk by 35% on average.
3. Tomato Sauce, Spaghetti Sauce, Ketchup (5 mg); Tomato Soup, Canned Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Vegetable Juice (3 mg); Minestrone Soup, Vegetable Soup, Pink Grapefruit (1 mg).
4. It is rich in Vitamin A, C, Calcium, and Potassium.
5. Since you absorb more lycopene when you eat a little fat with your tomato, a little olive oil or cheese isn't such a bad thing after all.
6. Tomatoes are high in vitamin C. Tomatoes do contain vitamin C, among other nutrients. They are high in carotenoids, including lycopene, a relative of the more well-known beta carotene. Hepatoprotective effects of lycopene.
7. Should Women Eat Lycopene? Tocopherol (lycopene) is a phytonutrient that appears to reduce the risk of prostate cancer. But can lycopene help women avoid cancer? Several studies have linked high lycopene levels to a reduced risk of breast cancer in postmenopausal women. But no one can say that eating tomatoes will lower your risk. Several studies have found that women who eat the most lycopene have fewer precancerous cervical cells. Regardless of the unknowns, should women eat lycopene-rich foods? notably tomato products
8. A tomato a day may keep the doctor away, as tomatine, an alkaloid found in the tomato's branchy leaves and green fruit, heals certain fungous skin diseases.
|Shelf Life:||2 Years.|
|Basic Prep:||Ready to add to any recipe as directed as no preparation is required.|
|Country of Origin:||Italy.|
|Handling / Storage:||Store in a cool, dry place.|