Profile: Make your own falafel in the comfort of your own home. Falafel is a delicious appetizer that can be served hot or cold. It's also a great vegetarian option. Directions: In a bowl, combine 1 cup water and 1 cup dry mix and set aside for 30 minutes. Form into patties (about 1 inch wide) and deep fry or bake until brown and crisp.
The easiest method to produce real, precisely seasoned homemade falafel balls is using our house mix Falafel Mix!
Falafel is a Middle Eastern snack made from seasoned ground chickpeas. Falafel balls or patties are made from chickpeas and deep-fried before being eaten in a pita. Falafel balls can also be eaten as a snack or served over salads. The fritters are widely used as a meat substitute in vegetarian and vegan diets. Protein, fiber, and complex carbs are all abundant in them.
Simply combine the following ingredients for a quick and easy vegan falafel recipe:
- 1 pound (about 2 cups) dry chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons Spice Specialist falafel mix seasoning
- In a food processor, combine the ingredients. The mixture should resemble a grainy paste and hold together nicely on its own.
- Set aside for 2 hours the falafel mixture.
- Using damp hands or an ice cream scoop, shape the mixture into round falafel balls or patties.
- Fry the falafel balls or patties in 2 inches of vegetable oil until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
This falafel recipe can be baked for a healthy version:
* Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
* 2 tablespoons olive oil to grease a large rimmed baking sheet
* Brush the tops of the falafel balls or patties with olive oil and serve.
* 10 to 15 minutes per side, bake the falafel balls or patties until golden brown.
|Ingredients:||Fava Beans, Chickpeas, Spices, Salt, Baking Powder, Sunflower Oil. Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.|
|Uese:||Add 3/4 cup of water to 1 cup dry mix, mix and let stand for 20 minutes. Form patties, fry in hot oil or bake until crisp and golden brown. Use in salad, pita and veggie burgers.|
|Taste and Aroma:||Distinctive, complex and delicious.|
|Shelf Life:||2 Years.|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|Handling / Storage:||Store in a airtight Food Storage Containers, cool, dry place.|
|Substitutes:||There is no substitute for this gourmet Falafel Mix.|
|Fact:||Falafel is a vegetarian dish that is high in protein, fiber, and a variety of other nutrients.|